*All certification courses have the same learning objects and offer learners the opportunity to earn their AIT Certification
AIT CERTIFICATION COURSE OVERVIEW
The certification course is delivered in a live, single-day seminar format and two different online formats (4-Week Guided Cohort | Self-Paced).
All formats provide an assessment-based certification of education that is a comprehensive overview in the specialty of adaptive fitness methodology, safety and risk mitigation, and program implementation.
Graduates of the certification course will earn the knowledge and practice the principles that will enable them to conduct fitness training and improve health for people with disabilities and maintain an inclusive setting.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This course is intended for fitness trainers, adapted physical educators, sport team coaches, medical professionals, and persons with disabilities.
The course education is designed to be used in a group training setting but may be applied to any fitness methodology. ATA teaches how to adapt and maintain an inclusive workout format using a generalized workout plan. Social interaction and community support are essentially elements to inclusion and are the basis for the course education.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
– Approximately 16 hours of research-based education
– Access to AIT certification exam and Certificate upon completion
– Course Workbook
– ATA Adapting Template
– *Certification exam preparation
– Continuing Education (CE, CEU, etc.) Documentation
– Access to affiliation program, grant funding, and exclusive mentorship options
*not included for Self-Paced Course
CERTIFICATE & CONTINUING EDUCATION
Graduates will earn their Adaptive & Inclusive Trainer certification and sixteen (16) professional continuing education units (CEUs) for Physical Therapists and 0.7 CEUs for Recreational Therapists. For more information on our CEU program, please visit this CEU info page.
- ATRA Recreational Therapists: Pre-Approved 0.70 CEUs
- APTA Physical Therapists: Pre-Approved 16 CEUs
- CrossFit: Pre-Approved 16 CEUs
*for all course formats
- Disability Awareness & Language
- Adaptive Equipment
- Principles of Adaptive & Inclusive Training
- Adaptive & Inclusive Workout Programming
- ATA Adapting Methodology
- Upper Extremity Impairments: Safety & Training Considerations + Exercise Adaptations
- Lower Extremity Impairments: Safety & Training Considerations + Exercise Adaptations
- Seated Impairments: Safety & Training Considerations + Exercise Adaptations
- Common Impairments Awareness (Neuromuscular, Spinal Cord Injuries, Brain Injuries, Vision, D/deaf and HOH, Short Stature, Intellectual Disabilities)
- Inclusive Onboarding
Identify the most common physiological and cognitive impairments, and understand the potential impact on training and task accomplishment.
Learn and practice adapting movements for the most common impairments and physical limitations.
Treatment & Training
Understand the role the trainer has in a temporarily impaired athlete’s recovery process and a permanently adaptive athlete’s development.
Develop class-management strategies to provide an inclusive training environment.
Identify the most common adaptive equipment (prosthetics, orthotics, wheelchairs, etc.) and understand their affects on movement and task accomplishment.
Safety & Risk Mitigation
Learn effective risk mitigation practices and disability-related laws to increase client safety and reduce business risk.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- $499: Live Seminar
- $449: 4-Week Guided Online Cohort Course
- $399: Self-Paced Online Course
- For upcoming seminars and online cohort courses, you can submit a 50% deposit at registration and the remaining 50% balance will be due at the commencement of your seminar or cohort.
- There is no difference in the course education or certification earned. Both formats teach the exact same learning objectives
- But, the three course options offer a very different learning experience. Please review the options to know what will best serve your learning style.
- Cohorts: you will be guided through a four (4) week schedule to complete the course, plus one week to study and take the certification exam.
- Self-Paced: you can start the course whenever you want but must finish the certification exam within six (6) months of registration.
- Nope! There are no requisites to begin the AIT course.
- ATA does not teach one style of fitness training and does not endorse personal training certifications from other organizations.
- No they are not. But… we highly recommend you make time to attend these sessions. If you miss a live session, we will record and make them available for you to watch at your connivence.
- Yes. For all formats (seminar and online courses), you will need to prove your understanding and application of the education. Examination preparation is included for the 4-Week Guided Cohort course and the Seminar Course.
Over 1,900 Trainers, Physios, and Athletes Like You Have Attended
Here's What Some Of Them Had To Say
I just wanted to say that the Adaptive Training course was awesome! My instructors did a wonderful job. They gave me so much knowledge and tools for me to start training my adaptive athletes. I cannot wait to use them. Thank you for offering this course and I am so excited to be a part of this!!
Rachael C. CF-L1, CPT
This was one of the best courses I have ever taken. The staff was amazing! Not only was the course information super in-depth and helpful, but the coaches’ stories made the material personal.
I must say that this was the best specialty course ever! I learned a lot, it was really interesting. The seminar staff are awesome, and they could explain everything really well.