Adaptive Training Academy (ATA) has converted to a not-for-profit organization to continue its mission of enabling accessible and inclusive fitness training for everyone, regardless of ability. As a non-profit organization, ATA will be able to do more than just trainer education. Its new mission will include empowering gyms to create and operate adaptive and inclusive programs through grant funding and additional resources.
ATA’s Impact Goal
ATA’s goal is to significantly increase the number of accessible and inclusive fitness programs across the country.
By 2025, ATA will help create at least 1,000 programs. The current number of CrossFit affiliates and other organizations with adaptive fitness programs is unknown due to not having a centralized tracking system but is estimated to be insufficient to support the needs of people with disabilities.
Supporting CrossFit and Affiliates
ATA will also support CrossFit in its mission to positively impact the lives of 10 million people through fitness training, a goal set by CEO Eric Roza. ATA will lean heavily on the CrossFit community to support its mission and goal to increase adaptive programs. ATA will empower CrossFit affiliates to provide safe and effective training for anyone who walks or rolls into your box.
How ATA Can Help Your Gym
ATA will provide gyms direct financial assistance and educational guidance through four programs:
- Adaptive Equipment: grants to purchase adaptive equipment
- Adaptive Athlete Memberships: scholarships to pay for adaptive athlete memberships
- Adaptive/Inclusive Programs: grants to pay gym staff to run adaptive or inclusive classes
How To Get Involved
There are many ways to help make an impact!…get educated, become an affiliate, and donate to support ATA’s programs.
- Learn how to train athletes with varying abilities by earning your Adaptive & Inclusive Trainer (AIT) certification.
- The AIT certification is a CrossFit Preferred Course and is available in three formats:
1) Self-Paced Online
2) 4-Week Guided Cohort Online
3) Live, Single-Day Seminar.
All formats provide the same course content and certification, as well as offering continuing education units.
- Become an ATA Affiliate to gain access to all grant and scholarship programs.
To be eligible for grants or scholarships, gyms will need to apply to become an ATA affiliate. Affiliates must have a minimum of one certified Adaptive & Inclusive Trainer (AIT) on staff and must be accessible per all federal and local regulations.
- As a new non-profit organization, ATA needs financial support to enable the effectiveness of its programs. If you are able, please donate! If you know a potential donor, contact ata via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For more information about ATA’s mission and how to get involved, please visit the website: www.ata.fit